Austin, TX | Full-time
Blue Fish Group is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a talented marketing operations manager to help accelerate the growth. We have a great product, team, and strategy in place, but we need your help executing.
The perfect candidate for this role will be able to toggle between deep analytics and creative thinking and have a strong grasp of marketing funnels. You will have substantial influence on Blue Fish Group’s marketing strategy through direct communication with senior management who will support you in navigating priorities and road blocks. More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work with, and learn from, a team of true marketing and ECommerce experts. Think of this role as a hands on degree in advanced digital marketing, that you get paid to take!
This role reports to the ECommerce Division Director.
Are you settling into your marketing career but find your current work not challenging enough? Or perhaps you’ve been in your current position for a while but you can’t see a clear path to advance your career?
Maybe you’re not an expert in Salesforce, Hubspot, Magento, or Google Ads but you’re ready to blow us away with how fast you learn?
- Are you bursting with creative ideas to keep clients engaged?
- Do you love to challenge more senior people than you?
- Do you thrive at making sure the details are perfect?
- Are grammar, typos, and punctuation errors painful to you?
- Do you constantly assess the value you’re getting out of the money you spend?
- Are you eager to learn new marketing technologies?
- Do you look at websites and wonder about their SEO strategy?
- Are you obsessed with following blogs, tweets, and LinkedIn threads about topics you’re passionate about?
- Do you have active personal social media profiles?
If so then we’ve got a great career advancing position for you at Blue Fish Group!
Here are a few of the things you’ll be responsible for:
- Configuring our marketing automation platform and maintaining it over time.
- Monitoring industry news and trends to inform our customers and your team on overall strategy.
- Keep our marketing calendar updated and plan ahead for upcoming activities.
- Execute digital campaigns from idea to follow-up.
- Author and ghost-write emails and blogs. You have to get in our heads and write like we write!
- Monitor Google Ads, Facebook, and Amazon campaigns, to figure out where there is success or a serious problem and adjust.
- Help run in-person marketing events so we look polished, organized, and people enjoy themselves.
- Help to build an internal “marketing playbook.”
- Setup and monitor marketing dashboards/reports, alerting us to issues and recommending actions.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the content, format, and organization of our websites.
- Maintain our social media presence with consistency.
Here are some of the ways Blue Fish Group will fast track your career as a marketing leader:
- You’ll learn a complete spectrum of marketing disciplines covering both B2B, B2C, and ECommerce Marketing.
- You’ll learn a lot of highly valued technical marketing skills including basic marketing development, data analytics, customer journeys, data management, and personalization.
- You’ll be working in a small team and have direct input on a lot of critical marketing decisions.
- You’ll become a master at Digital Advertising including Facebook, Google Ads, Google Analytics and reporting on success
- You’ll build a valuable network of high-level contacts across a range of industries.
- You’ll be working with and mastering cutting edge marketing technologies and strategies.
- You’ll learn the how to build a world-class content marketing strategy and how to manage it day-to-day.
Do these personality traits describe you?
- You love what you do, and you’re really freaking good at it
- You are motivated by learning new skills
- You have a high internal bar for quality work
- You are friendly, respectful, and people like having you around
- You’re not scared of hard work, and you don’t shy away from a challenge
- You are results-oriented, making decisions based on value
- You do what it takes to meet your commitments; others can depend on you
- You deal well with ambiguity in an ever-changing landscape
- You are committed to learning & growing, and helping others to learn & grow
- You know how to have fun in a professional environment
About Blue Fish Group
Blue Fish Group is a team of over-achieving problem solvers delivering advanced ECommerce solutions to mid and large enterprises. Blue Fish helps companies leverage the latest technologies to streamline their operations and increase profits.
- We believe in enabling teams with technology to do their best work, without the technology getting in the way.
- We believe in Experience Driven Design.
- We believe in helping companies compete on experience, not price.
- We believe in the democracy of data driven decision making
- We believe in the human side of technology
Does this sound like your dream job?
The ideal candidate will show a strong desire to learn and be a self-starter. If you want to join our fun and fast-paced team, click on the link below and complete the application form.